Author Stacey Rourke

Monday, July 19, 2010

TO MY SWEET ELLIE ON HER BIRTHDAY

DEAR SWEET TIME

As a young girl I never gave much thought to being a Momma and having babies. It was something I figured would happen someday;

In its own dear, sweet time.

The day your Dad and I married many family and friends asked when we would hear the pitter patter of little feet. We gave each other a knowing grin and answered that it would happen;

In its own dear, sweet time.

The time came that we wanted the blessing that is a new baby. It was a rough, tear-filled journey. Yet it ended with you coming into this world, you just took;

Your own dear, sweet time.

Before my very eyes I have watched you grow from a baby to a beautiful girl. As you continue to grow, I have a small favor to ask. For the sake of your Momma's heart;

Please take your own dear, sweet time.

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Ellie is an amazing little girl, happy birthday punkin belly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful. Ellie is a very special little girl. She is filled with love and laughter. You bless the hearts of so many of us. We love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Happy Birthday to your miracle baby. She is such an amazing girl.

    P.S. You're really good at making me cry1

    ReplyDelete