Author Stacey Rourke

Sunday, May 16, 2010

KIND WORDS

This morning I received some wonderful feedback from an agent. A REAL agent!! (Yes, I already googled her.) She had very positive things to say as well as pointing out some areas I could work on. There was no offer of representation, but she did request to see a few more chapters. Her interest is definitely a good sign.

In no way am I egoistical enough to think my book is perfection, far from it actually. I invite and welcome feedback that will help me to get it to the polished finished product I know it could be. I basically explained that to the agent in my email to her. My hope is that she will see enough potential in my plot, characters and style of writing to take a chance on me. (Anyone else just start singing the ABBA song? If not, I bet you are now!)

I'm not going to get my hopes up, the literary world is far too subjective for me to do so this early on. I will admit though that it would be a really, really nice change of pace to be able to post some actual good news and signs of progress here. We shall see...

2 comments:

  1. Are we allowed to be a little hopeful that this turns out to be the good news you are hoping for? I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a chance on me (take a chance, take a chance), take a chance on me:-)

    ReplyDelete